Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus Tabouli
Packed with vegetables and grains this tasty salad makes a great base for a main meal - leftovers are perfect for lunchboxes or picnics too!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked tri-colour quinoa, cooled
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the garlic cloves, cherry tomatoes and cauliflower in the oil and place on 1-2 baking trays. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower has browned. Add the asparagus in the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Allow to cool.
- Briefly process the cauliflower until it resembles fine crumbs. Combine with the cooked quinoa, tomatoes and asparagus.
- Prepare the dressing: Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp from the skins and blend with the extra olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss the dressing and herbs through the salad.
- Delicious served with grilled haloumi cheese and flatbread or added to wraps.
- Serve at your next BBQ – fabulous with BBQd meats and a great way to enjoy more veggies.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council