Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
A tasty one-dish meal the family will love.
- 600g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips (see Tip)
- 500g fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into sticks
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced into 3
- 1-2 small fresh red chillies, sliced finely
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 1 minute. Drain and separate noodles. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over a medium to high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and stir-fry chicken until cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to wok and stir-fry carrot for 1-2 minutes. Add capsicum, asparagus, chillies and garlic and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add reserved chicken, sweet chilli sauce, oyster sauce and noodles and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil (if using), scatter with roasted cashews and serve at once.
- You can also use chicken stir-fry strips, or replace the chicken with strips of beef or pork.
- For a vegetarian version, replace the chicken with strips of marinated tofu.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.