BBQ Asparagus Salad
A quick and easy way to add more veggies to your next BBQ.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed or chopped (optional)
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- Mixed salad leaves including butter, or baby Cos, lettuce and radicchio
- 12 baby truss or cherry tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat BBQ or grill. Combine olive oil with garlic (if using) and add to asparagus. Using your hands, toss asparagus to coat with olive oil mixture. Alternatively, brush mixture over asparagus using a pastry brush.
- Cook asparagus until just tender, 4-5 minutes, turning over 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from BBQ or grill and set aside.
- Arrange salad leaves on a platter or individual serving plates. Top with asparagus and scatter with tomatoes and feta.
- Just before serving, squeeze lemon over and season with pepper.
- For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to read ingredient labels on all products.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.