Asparagus Nicoise Salad Roll
A trumped up ‘Springtime Salad Roll’ pairing luscious local asparagus with tuna and eggs. Perfect for the lunchbox, weekend lunch or the picnic hamper.
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 long crunchy baguette
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 small butter lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 medium-cooked boiled free range eggs, cut into quarters
- 200g canned tuna, drained, broken into rough chunks
- 8 pitted black olives, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Cook asparagus until just tender and still bright green. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Trim ends of breadstick. Cut into 4 lengths, split down middle, almost flatten and spread with cream cheese.
- Arrange lettuce on each roll base. Top with tomatoes, eggs, tuna, asparagus and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper, close rolls and enjoy at once.
- Try using replacing the light cream cheese with 4 tablespoons of your favourite mayonnaise or mashed avocado.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.