Asparagus and Prawn Dippers with Lemony Mayonnaise
A simple fresh spring or summer appetiser.
- 16 spears asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and sliced lengthways
- 12 small baby Cos lettuce leaves
- 12 cooked prawns, heads removed, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2-1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sweet paprika and pepper to serve
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Blanch asparagus by placing in a large heatproof bowl and covering with boiling water. Allow to stand for 30-60 seconds. Remove asparagus and place in a separate large bowl of cold water for 1 minute to prevent further cooking. Drain asparagus and pat dry with paper towel.
- Arrange lettuce, cucumber, asparagus spears and prawns in 4 glass tumblers.
- To make dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic and lemon juice. Divide dressing between tumblers. Sprinkle a little sweet paprika and pepper on top of mayonnaise. Add a lemon wedge to each glass and serve at once.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.