Asparagus and Mozzarella Pizzas
Whip these up for a quick and tasty light meal. If time permits, make a double quantity so leftovers can be popped into lunchboxes the next day.
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pasta sauce
- 6 individual prepared pizza bases or pita breads
- 1-1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Pitted black olives
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 210ºC. Combine semi-dried tomatoes with pasta sauce. Spread mixture onto pizza bases or pita bread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pizzas from oven. Brush asparagus with olive oil and arrange on top of pizzas. Scatter cherry tomatoes and black olives over pizzas and dust with pepper.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove from oven and serve hot or cold.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.