Asparagus and Goats Cheese Truffle Toasts
A tasty treat with lovely texture contrasts for a special snack, starter or light meal.
- 2 small fresh beetroot
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends removed
- 4 slices flatbread or pita
- 100g spreadable goats cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh walnuts, roughly chopped
- Truffle oil
- Watercress or seasonal herbs
- Place the beetroot into a baking paper lined steaming basket, and cook for 15 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for an extra 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the flatbread (or pita) with the goats cheese and cook under a hot grill until golden. Top with the prepared sliced beetroot, asparagus and walnuts.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with truffle oil and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council