NEW 3 Cheers for Aussie Spears BBQ Competition!
Be in the running to win this Bar-B-Chef 18 piece Stainless Steel toolset!
Open September - October 2011
Here are Five Ways with BBQ Spears. Tell us which one you like best!
Snap, Brush, Sprinkle and Cook.Snap off the woody ends, brush spears with olive oil, sprinkle with salt flakes and pepper and cook on a hot barbecue until just tender – 1-2 minutes each side.
Get All Wrapped Up Wrap tender crisp BBQ Spears with prosciutto and serve as a starter while waiting for the meat to cook.
Hot Rollers Spread your favourite chilli dip over tortillas and roll up hot BBQ Spears. For hot-hot, throw the wrapped spears on the barbecue until they are toasted on both sides.
Dippity Do Da Dippity Day Use tender crisp BBQ Spears as dippers with aioli, warm garlic butter or pesto flavoured mayonnaise. For fresh and a bit retro, serve just cooked and chilled spears with cooked prawns, lengths of Lebanese cucumber, baby Cos lettuce leaves, a dollop of mayonnaise, a sprinkling of paprika and black pepper and a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.
Get Saucy The sky’s the limit, but to get started, try spicing up good quality mayonnaise with a touch of wasabi. Or go smoky by adding a touch of chipotle peppers (available from Mexican food suppliers and gourmet delicatessens) to mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon and a touch of chopped coriander.
How to Enter
- All you have to do is check out our Five Ways with BBQ Spears above.
- Tick the box to show which idea/s you like best.
- Enter your contact details in the form below.
- Answer 3 main questions.
- Press the submit button.
Conditions of Entry
- Entries are restricted to residents of Australia..
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will contact the competition winner directly.
- Competition winners will be announced on this website.
- Competitions will run during the Australian asparagus season from September to March and is open until further notice.
Please note that we respect your privacy - the personal details you enter below will be used for the purpose of notifying winners and will not be passed onto others for marketing purposes.